Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Muffins


We had our girls Bible study here today and for snack one of the girls brought these yummy muffins from Trader Joe's. I have had these muffins before and they are healthy and good. However they are really big - you could split one - they cost a lot and they spoil quickly. The spoiling part is good because you know for sure they don't have preservatives. Anyway I decided I wanted to try to make my own muffins similar to those. They are sweetened with white grape juice and I happened to have some left over from the jello cups. I took a peek at the ingredient list and went from there. My muffins turned out great and Jason said they are better than the Trader Joe's ones. I was excited to make such a yummy muffin recipe so I will share it with you.

TP's Muffins :)

1 C bran
1 C oats - coarsely ground in the blender
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp sea salt

mix together in a large bowl

2 C white grape juice - simmer in a small pot until reduced to 1 cup - important
1/4 C coconut oil
1/4 C applesauce
2 eggs - I think I will try it with just 1 egg next time
1/2 C blueberries - mine were frozen
1/2 C mango - chopped small - reserve some for topping

Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just until combined. Spoon into greased muffin pan and top with 1 or 2 pieces of mango. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min. Remove from pan and cool. Makes 12 muffins

1 comment:

  1. The Trader Joe muffins are one of my favorite things...I had one yesterday & was looking at the ingredients & wondering if I could make them & here you have it all figured out!!! Can't wait to try them...you are such a clever girl. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete