Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Thumbprint cookies



Thumbprint cookies
There all many different versions of this cookie. But they all have that irresistible appeal by featuring a dollop of baked jam crowing the top. I also topped some with chocolate chips because who doesn't like chocolate?? Here is my healthy take on thumb print cookies I'll be adding this to my Christmas recipes. BTW have you seen Christmas stuff in the stores already?? Ahhh... they bring that stuff out so early - I love Christmas but give me a break... not in the middle of summer.
Thumbprint cookies
1/2 C coconut oil
1/4 C almond butter
1/4 C sunflower butter
1/2 C raw honey
3 packets stevia
1 1/2 C whole wheat flour - freshly ground if possible
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
all fruit jam - I used Trader Joes raspberry jam - sweetened with fruit juice
Cream wet ingredients add dry and beat until combined. Refrigerate if needed to handle - then roll into 1" balls put on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten a bit. Press your thumb in the top of each cookie - fill with a 1/2 tsp or so of jam or a few chocolate chips. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 8-9 min cool on wire racks . I think it made about 30 cookies maybe more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment