Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 17


(by the way Jason and I shared this plateful)

Today we added Free Range Organic Chicken to our diet. We are adding chicken in a moderate amount, not as the main attraction on the plate. I cooked the chicken off to the side of a skillet and cooked the onions, broccoli, and yellow squash next to it one type at a time - worked out great by the time I finished the veggies the chicken was done. I steamed the potatoes then tossed with olive oil and fresh basil. I also drizzled balsalmic on the broccoli. The dinner turned out great. This is the first time I have had that brand of chicken from Trader Joe's and it really was good... sometimes chicken has a weird (yucky) taste to it and this was good - no odd flavor. It costs more than regular chicken but Jason and I split a breast so it cost less than $1.50 per serving!


I also cut up lots of fruit today and put it in containers in the fridge. It makes it much easier to grab some when you are hungry without all the mess and time. I do the same thing with vegetables - easy snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment